Vishranti Gruha ( City Club ) was established during the British period in the year 1885 in the city's median Jaistambh Chowk. It was founded by the Director of British Administration The Alexander and one of the eminent personalities of Amravati city.
At the time of independence, freedom activities were going on here. The great freedom fighters had come from here.
This club has got a historical legacy of many events related to the state, social and sports world. This club's building has gained more importance when it was included in the heritage building of Amravati city. From that time till today, this club has been adorned, decorated and cherished its importance by the executive committee and its office bearers from time to time.
This club is well known at Vidarbha level. It has a great tradition. The club has its own Lawn Tennis Court, Open Badminton Court along with Table Tennis, Carom, Bar Room, Card Room, and Canteen. Lawn tennis tournaments, bridge tournaments have been held in this club from time to time.
There are Hon. Members of this club from every section of the society. Today there are 205 permanent members, whose participation remains at all times.
Carrying such a great tradition, this city club remains the honor of Amravati city till date. The yearly general Hon. Members meeting, New Year Celebration, Kojagiri Utsav, Ganeshotsav, 15 August – Independence Day – Flag Hoisting, Republic Day are the main events here.
City Club Photos
City Club Library
Warhadi Kavi Sammelan
Our Plantation Drive
|2||Nitin Chandak||Vice President|
|4||Nana Chaudhari||Joint Secretary|